Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Let the Games Begin! New Fantasy Rules for '06

OK!!

I've done it! The invitations are now out! Remember, you need to register with Yahoo to start out, but just follow the links and directions of the email.

A few things:

Some people expressed some interest in a live draft. Yahoo is a bit of a pain in the ass and will only allow live drafts for free members between 10am-2pm M-F. Hmmm...that is a bit of a tough time. We may have to live with an Auto-Draft, but let me know what everyone thinks (I can do it, but it has to be next Friday only)

Some Changes:

1) We have 10 teams this year! Yea! Welcome new members!

2) Because of 10 teams, I have elected to extend the playoffs to 3 weeks, 6 teams (I've added a few wild cards!)

3) The pot! Yes! We are playing for something this year. We've all put in $10, so the deal is the winner will get $75 and second place will get $25.

4) A few player option changes:

Instead of 3 WR's and 2 RB's, I have changed it to 2 WR's, 2 RB's and 1 WR or RB. I liked the flexibility

Also, on defense, instead of 1 defensive player, I have elected to have 1 defensive lineman and 1 defensive back. The team defense is still there.

5) A few scoring bonuses!

On top of the normal points, I am offering bonuses for exceptional games!

QB: 300yds = 5 bonus points
RB: 120yds = 5 bonus points
WR: 150yds = 5 bonus points

6) One other point change: Defensive interceptions go from 2 to 4 points.

Once everyone is signed up with their team names and settings, we can talk about the draft a little bit more.

Leave me a comment or post if you have further questions or suggestions!

- DaBubbas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home